Blogagaard Is Wired

A friend of mine lent me the entire 5 season collection of The Wire, an HBO original series set in Baltimore, MD that follows a group of cops and several groups of robbers/drug dealers, etc. I'm halfway through the second season and totally hooked. Watching the first season, which seems to provide a reasonably accurate and gritty glimpse into life in the housing projects, was such an intense experience that I had to take several days off before starting the second season. I love watching shows like this, on DVD, one after another, at my leisure. If it wasn't for DVDs I'd never have seen Deadwood, The Sopranos, Curb Your Enthusiasm, etc. I've never had cable, and can't really see a good reason to get it now, especially when most of the best shows are on the internet now anyway.

0 comments:

Post a Comment