This House is on Fire

As I woke this morning a prophet stood over me, wrapped in beautiful white linens. He pointed a finger at me.

"These are dark times," he said. "Hogs are in power and the mice are scared. The sky has turned gray, and thunderclouds lick the ground with forked tongues of lightning. No greater evil exists than what lies in a man's heart, and the NY Times best sellers list frequently features stupid books. Americans have grown watersoft. This will not end well, and after it ends, no one will care. What have you to say to this, slovenly one?"

Squinting, I sat up in bed.

"It's too early for this shit, man," I said. "Let me sleep, David Sedaris. And put those linens back in the hamper, would you?"

8 comments:

Kelly Coyle said...

At one time, my ex-sister-in-law had reportedly been on the New York Times bestseller list for more weeks than any other author. Heaving breasts will get you farther than clever allusions, writer-boy.

David Oppegaard said...

Touche, Kelly, touche!

Does anyone remember that song, Detachable Penis? That was a song, right?

Lucas said...

I loved that song!! It was hilarious! I can't remember who sang it (I mean, besides me in my off key drunken jubilation!)

Rand said...

The band was King Missile, pronounced "King Miss-eye-l"

David Oppegaard said...

You have that entire CD, don't you, Rand?

Rand said...

Nope - just remembered the song and checked my memory with my good friend "Mr. Google."

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Post a Comment