Tonight's the Night We're Going to Get It Started

This evening's reading has grown into this huge, festive thing. I've personally invited nearly everyone I've ever come in contact with. My only advice now for attendees is to try to show up earlier than 7:30, since the reading last week was packed and anyone who showed up after 7:20 had to sit on the stairs/in the isles. Also, the combined body heat in the auditorium seemed to be about 109 degrees, so leave that Gortex lined woolen sweater at home.

Afterwards, everyone who's anyone will be at O'Gara's, a bar south of Hamline on Snelling (the same major street Hamline's on, nice and easy to find). We've reserved an entire room or something. I'll do my best to spread around my pantented Oppegaard mania.

Feliz Cinco de Mayo, bitches!

14 comments:

Rand said...

At O'Gara's it will be...

Cinc O'Demayo

David Oppegaard said...

excellent. we will all consume consumables.

Rand said...

Nice job at the reading tonight, Bloggy. It was a most excellent evening!

Voix said...

Fantastic job, Dave. I was really impressed by your reading. You're awesome.

David Oppegaard said...

Thank you, you guys! Thanks for coming. Everyone was so great last night. I truly felt the love.

Alex said...

How did it go David? So sorry I missed it (see blog for excuse). Did everyone party the night away at O'Gara's?

I'm so bummed I missed it. Sigh.

David Oppegaard said...

It went better than I could have hoped for. Everyone did a great reading. I'll blog more about it later, but I'm off to Geoff's Lit6 open house thingy.

Something dirty said...

Blah. I couldn't go to either the reading or the lit6 thing. My life is an empty chasm of emptiness.

I hope that a good time was had by all!

David Oppegaard said...

Just remember, Sd. Is your chasm half empty or half full?

Lucas said...

Bloppie,
Glad to hear it went well! Sorry I missed it and the afterparty at O'Gara's. Congratulations on such a major accomplishment!

David Oppegaard said...

Thanks Lucas. Everyone was like, "Donde esta Lucas?"

(:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

Post a Comment