Blogagaard, Making a Difference?

Last night, after a fantastic grad reading, I was told by a Hamline writer that she had thanked me in her artist's statement for helping her come out of her public writing shell via this very blog. How excellent is that? And this morning over coffee someone else told me that I'd opened his eyes to the possibilities of blogging ("You can just lie!"). Wonderful. You see, when we here at Blogagaard started this whole thing we didn't expect much, maybe to be handed a search warrant or something. But overall the verbal feedback we get from people in the "real" world has been fantastic, and we'd like to thank everyone for not only reading this blog, but for being quite sweet.

Now, it's time for me to go shopping for shoes with David Sedaris. I'm getting running shoes (yes, somehow I am still jogging. I'm up to maybe eight minutes) and David's looking for black leather wingtips. He does love to play the dandy!

Happy Saturday, bitches!

3 comments:

Voix said...

Tell me that David Sedaris is as divine and hilarious in real life as he is on the page. I know he's a total dandy.

David Oppegaard said...

Oh, he is. Snap snap snappy, that boy. We just picked out the sexiest pair of Asic gel running shoes for me. They fit like sock extensions!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being at the reading, Dave. Your smiling face was greatly appreciated. Even though you did karate chop me afterwards. I can't wait for May 5! It's going to be amazing!

Post a Comment