Chess Is Cool

I had a friend over last night and we spent the evening playing chess and listening to music. It had been a while since I had played chess, years maybe, but I soon recalled how much I liked the game. It is elegant. Pieces are captured. Minor pieces sacrifice themselves for the good of the army. The entire game can change in the blink of one good move. It was refreshing to play a board game, any board game, after years of computer football. I will play chess again soon, and perhaps with Death himself.

3 comments:

L said...

Instead of Death, Mr. Oppegaard, you will play me. Less risk that way.

Oddly enough, whenever I see chess lately I think I'd like to play.

David Oppegaard said...

I would love to play chess with you, Brady. Maybe we should play via some internet hook up...

Geoff Herbach said...

I don't play the game, but I'll bring some Mountain Dew over if bloppegaard and brady play. Then I'll drink Mountain Dew and watch...and learn.

Post a Comment