Summer Dreamin'

I just fell asleep by an open window on this lovely sunny July evening in my recliner. I could hear leaves rustling in the wind and the sound of a radio playing far away and street traffic even farther away and maybe you laughing at something funny someone just said. I dreamed of many things including my mother, who's now been dead nearly nine years and who herself was a champion afternoon napper. She was showing me a certificate signed and sealed that said I'd inherited an antique piece of sports memorabilia, a banner from the Brooklyn Dodgers, and as I slowly woke up from my summer dream I swear I could hear Wilco playing in the distance and for a second the world was at peace.

2 comments:

starshrines said...

Oh that's so beautiful... it made me teary.

Anonymous said...

My dreams have a lot of sound track too :)

Post a Comment