Book Tour Muddle

People have been asking me about a book tour for The Suicide Collectors. So far, I've planned a publication reading (my debutant debut!) on 12/12/08 at Hamline University, and a reading at the Edina Community Library on 2/23/09. As a first time author (who's not a celebrity, like Steve Martin), it's hard to generate even modest crowds for events when no one's ever heard of you and the multi-city traditional book store tour holds little appeal. I'd love to stump for the book around the world and sign copies until my hand is numb, but it's looks as if it'll mostly be an internet-focused tour, or e-tour. Or I-tour. Or whatever. Also, I plan to drive around the Twin Cities and sign book store copies.

Ann Pratchett wrote an interesting article about book touring for the Atlantic Monthly this summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Black Tide by Peter Temple - book jacket...

David Oppegaard said...

oh yeah, the hand against glass image is your classic horror staple, there's no arguing that.

Post a Comment