Loser Blogagaard Watches TV Alone on Saturday Night, Then Proceeds to Blog About It

Okay so tonight we had a big, hard-hitting Saturday night lineup on local TV. On NBC I watched SNL’s season premier (32nd season this year) and it was actually pretty funny, even though Tina Fey has left the show to do “30 Rock” with Alec Baldwin. On weekend update Bill Clinton spoke with Condi Rice and told her to “let out your tiger” and recalled the affair they had a decade ago. Also, they had The Killers on as the “musical guests”, and I was amazed that such an awkward looking lead singer could front such a good band, yet he had his own groovy nerd thing going on so whatever.

In between SNL I watch myself some TPT 17, which I believe is public access? Or not? Anyway, they had the Vietnamese show on and a white guy special guest reminding everyone in translated Vietnamese not to drink uncooked blood, eat raw chicken, step in animal droppings, and to wash their hands after working with raw animal products. He said the wash your hands thing several times.

On Fox starting at around 11:30 we had a movie called Steel, with a sword forming the “t” in the word “steel”. The lead role in this 80’s cop drama was the shortest, most unconvincing cop I have ever, ever seen. He was up against a villain that talked in a robot voice because he had a voice box of some sort. I could not really focus on this one because the cop drove some weird white Mazarati sports car thing that was totally open except one steel bar over it where he could put one of those detachable cherry top lights.

Also, on UPN they had an episode of “Stragate Whatever” on, also which I could not pay attention to because I still can think only of the movie when I see the show.

These were all the channels I was able to get clearly, even with my super antennae.

Good evening.

6 comments:

Alex said...

When you start reporting in on Sex and the City re-runs on that CW chanel, that's when I'll call for help.

Otherwise, sounds like a perfectly lovely Saturday night to me. Except maybe the voice box bad guy thing.

Rand said...

I hereby christen you "Winner Blogagaard."

Like you, I am also a winner, and watched the new SNL show. Then I watched Elvis Costello on TPT on "Austin City Limits."

And I went to the Twins game today (Sunday) and it TOTALLY FUCKING ROCKED, OH MY GOD!!!!!

Yeah!!!

David Oppegaard said...

Man, I was going to go to the Twins game today also, but then everyone involved punked out. Will this be one of my death bed regrets?

Arg!

Something dirty said...

Probably.

I watched SNL too. It was ok. I take it Dane Cook is a comedian of some sort?

Anonymous said...

Yup, you're a loser.

Anonymous said...

Dude Elvis Costello was on ACL!?!?!?

Hey, I was all suited up to go, had my 2003 division title shirt on and everything.

Meanwhile, I got stuff done and that feels good.

Post a Comment