'Twas a Dark and Stormy Night

Thunder. Rain. Bad TV reception. My apartment is sort of freaking me out. That rain sounds like it wants to come inside and punch me in the face. I'm still in that "getting to know you" stage of living here. So much space compared to my old place. Just more area for trouble, if you ask me. Evil. Danger. Something wicked this way comes. As soon as you think you're safe, that's when you're in big trouble.

Sedaris is whimpering under the couch and chewing on a pillow. We all have our safe places.

10 comments:

Geoff Herbach said...

I had some same shit going on last night, bloga. Rain and floods. I feel for you and Sedaris.

Alex said...

We need the rain, my new lawn is burning up. Bring it!

You'll be alright David. Find your happy place.

David Oppegaard said...

Herbach, why is it that things always look the bleakest just before the dawn? Today I woke up, it was sunny, and I had an enjoyable shopping trip at Cub foods. Excellent.

Alex, I hope your lawn is as happy as I am right now.

Something dirty said...

You could fill up the empty spaces where beasties could lurk with bric a brac and wicker shelves from Goodwill.

Rand said...

See? All is now well, Bloggy. You and Sedaris can have a nice afternoon snack of Brie and Chardonnay.

David Oppegaard said...

Excellent plan, SD.

Hmmm. Brie.

Sometimes I worry this blog is going downhill...

Rand said...

Okay, an afternoon snack of baby-back ribs with some Summit Pale Ale.

But Sedaris is scared of ribs because they are so saucy.

He twists a napkin in his tiny hands while you gnaw on rib bones, the barbecue sauce creating a Joker-like smile outline on your face.

David Oppegaard said...

woah. freaky.

Becca said...

I'm sure your blog has taken this sudden turn because of your Dave Matthews fan-dom creeping out of the closet. I think it's redeemable if you act quickly.

David Oppegaard said...

I don't know. Maybe I should just throw in the towel...

Post a Comment