Blogagaard Also Abides (for Jay)

THE STRANGER
Sure, I gotcha.

The bartender has put two gleaming beers on the counter.

DUDE
Thanks, Gary...Take care, man, I
gotta get back.

THE STRANGER
Sure. Take it easy, Dude--I know
that you will.

THE DUDE, LEAVING, NODS:

DUDE
Yeah man. Well, you know, the Dude
abides.

Gazing after him, The Stranger drawls, savoring the words:

THE STRANGER
The Dude abides.

He gives his head a shake of appreciation, then looks into
the camera.

THE STRANGER
I don't know about you, but I take
comfort in that. It's good knowin'
he's out there, the Dude, takin' her
easy for all us sinners. Shoosh. I
sure hope he makes The finals. Welp,
that about does her, wraps her all
up. Things seem to've worked out
pretty good for the Dude'n Walter,
and it was a purt good story, dontcha
think? Made me laugh to beat the
band. Parts, anyway. Course--I
didn't like seein' Donny go. But
then, happen to know that there's a
little Lebowski on the way. I guess
that's the way the whole durned human
comedy keeps perpetuatin' it-self,
down through the generations, westward
the wagons, across the sands a time
until-- aw, look at me, I'm ramblin'
again. Wal, uh hope you folks enjoyed
yourselves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment