Until She Herself Became the Deadliest Flower

Above is a line from a song on Fleetwood Mac's new-ish album, Say You Will. It has been stuck in my head for seventy-nine years. Say You Will is actually a very strong album, surprising perhaps all seventeen people who might have bought this latest effort.

Am I the only person left alive who still listens to Fleetwood Mac on a regular (aka not stoned) basis? Often their music can be gimicky and waterdowned and crappy, but when it works it really works for me. Sort of like....MEATLOAF!

Until she herself
Became the deadliest flower....

4 comments:

Something dirty said...

What I'm hearing is you're not getting stoned regularly. Are there people who get high and listen to Fleetwood Mac? I am not judging, I just didn't know that. I suppose people get high and do lots of things.

David Oppegaard said...

Oh yeah. Fleetwood Mac was a big hippy stoner band back in the day. In fact that song "Landslide" is about recovering from addiction (heroin maybe ?)Lots of music sounds better when you're stoned/drunk/having sex. Dave Matthews Band, Pink Floyd, the Grateful Dead, Phish, Zepplin, GNR...

Thank you for actually commenting on this post, SD. I thought it had been forsaken.

fitnesslyawkward said...

Paradise by the Dashboard Light is still my favorite song.

David Oppegaard said...

I once took place in a drunken Paradise sing-a-long during a wedding dance. The guys and girls split up and sang at each other. Amazing!

Post a Comment