Blogagaard Makes A Statement

I'm required to write an artist's statement to accompany my MFA thesis (which is a novel titled The Cobalt Legacy) and today I finished editing it. It is eleven pages in length, double spaced, and I choose to divide it up short little essays. Why, you ask? Because about half of the essays were first published, in a rougher format, on this very blog! Hurrah for blogging!

I was thinking about posting the whole thing here, on Blogagaard, but decided eleven pages was too much blogging space. So, if you're interested, I'll e-mail it to you, Good Reader. Just give me a buzz at blogagaard@gmail.com

Ciao.


7 comments:

Voix said...

Congrats, Dave. I'm very happy for you -- it is possible to finish thesis, then?

M

David Oppegaard said...

everything is possible here at Blogagaard.

David Oppegaard said...

wow. so far five people have requested the statement. that's like, well, five more people than I expected.

David Oppegaard said...

Also, three people so far have found editing mistakes and kindly offered advice. perhaps if I hired an entire staff my writing would forever be glitch free.

David Oppegaard said...

I sense I am boring the masses. Oh well. I have nothing in the tank today.

Geoff Herbach said...

You have no problem posting comments on your blog. I say you make an art of the comment and do only that for one week!

David Oppegaard said...

good idea, Geoff. What could be better than a random comment marathon!

Post a Comment