Led Zepplin Is Just Full of Helpful Advice/Instructional Maxims

Take it easy baby, let them say what they will. –“Dazed and Confused”

Put on your night shirt and your morning gown
You know by night I'm gonna shake 'em down
Put on your night shirt Mama, and your morning gown
Well, you know by night I'm gonna shake 'em down
Your custard pie, yeah, sweet and nice
When you cut it, mama, save me a slice
Your custard pie, I declare, it's sweet and nice
I Like your custard pie
When you cut it, mama... mama, please save me a slice.

Save me a slice of your custard pie.
Drop down

-“Custard Pie”

An' the thoughts of a fool's gotta count,
I'm just a fool waitin' on the wrong blo__ck ohh-yeah. –“Fool in the Rain”

Took my chances on a big jet plane, never let them tell you that they're all the same.-“Going to California"

Realize, sweet babe, we ain’t ever gonna part. “Good Times, Bad Times”

So now you'd better stop and rebuild all your ruins,
For peace and trust can win the day despite of all your losing.

–“Immigrant Song”

Meet me, Jesus, meet me. Meet me in the middle of the air
If my wings should fail me, Lord. Please meet me with another pair.

–“In My Time of Dying”

Your head is humming and it won’t go - in case you don’t know.
The pipers calling you to join him.
Dear lady can you hear the wind blow.
And did you know
your stairway lies on the whispering wind.

And as we wind on down the road.
Our shadows taller than our soul.
There walks a lady we all know.
Who shines white light and wants to show.
How everything still turns to gold.
And if you listen very hard
the tune will come to you at last.
When all are one and one is all.
To be a rock and not to roll.

–“Stairway To Heaven”

Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good,
Now, cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good,
When the levee breaks, mama, you got to move.

-“When the Levee Breaks”

11 comments:

Amethyst Vineyard said...

You know, I'm sure my dad is well acquainted with the works of Led Zeppelin, but did he take their advice and move when the levee broke? Or rather, before it broke because it was pretty obvious that it was going to happen? No, that bastard spent four days sleeping on the interstate and in the New Orleans Convention Center.

Now I know what to get him for Christmas; 'Led Zeppelin's Best Advice'

David Oppegaard said...

I just heard the levee song for the first time a month ago, Viney, and I totally thought of the Hurrican Katrina. Zep never knew what prophets they would become.

Now, though, your dad has a really cool story to tell this holiday season:
"Hey, let me tell you about the time I was a part of the worst natural disaster deabacle in U.S. history...."

Kelly Coyle said...

Memphis Minnie. They stole the song from Memphis Minnie.

David Oppegaard said...

well then, Memphis Minnie was prophetic.

Clurg said...

They stole a lot of stuff, but for some reason I can'r get enough of John Paul Jones and his sweet ass.

Clurg said...

Bass. His sweet bass...

nevermind.

David Oppegaard said...

Clurg, we need to talk.

Amethyst Vineyard said...

I think that's why my dad decided to stay in New Orleans: the story-telling opportunities. You'd have to meet him to understand how a good yarn might be better than wading through toxic flood waters.

David Oppegaard said...

I do. I do want to meet your dad.

David Oppegaard said...

"When the Levee Breaks" is the song I've been listening to on repeat for hours...

Amethyst Vineyard said...

I'm sure that could be arranged.

And Jesus, Clurg, do you have to go letting the whole world know about our little "problems"?

Post a Comment