Fallen Balloon Carnage!



My friend Erika has always been uneasy around balloons. They creep her right the hell out. And today, during Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, a balloon crashed on a light post and injured two sisters and perhaps thousands more. Are balloons out to get us? Have they grown weary of their human masters? Do they seek clearer skies, where they can fly untethered, like that red balloon in that haunting movie, the one where the little boy keeps chasing his balloon all day? I've always liked balloons, myself, but now, I just don't know.

8 comments:

Something dirty said...

Did something like that happen at Holidazzle a few years ago?

David Oppegaard said...

I don't know. That parade creeps me out, too. Some many bright sparkly people, ahhHH!

Anonymous said...

I don't know about y'all, but I have a phobia about giant Pilgrim heads.

Something dirty said...

I hadn't thought of it before, but I do fear them now.

Anonymous said...

Ah*!#%^ The great balloon apocalype is comming!!! erika

David Oppegaard said...

Sometimes I feel like a great big balloon full of hot air. I get worried I'll get punctured by a staple and end up flying out to the ocean, where I'll end up choking a poor bottle-nosed dolphin.

Something dirty said...

I had to come back to this post. On Mythbusters, they tried to see how many balloons it would take to carry a little girl away. They used a real 4 year old, and she was thrilled. They used a safety harness but it just doesn't seem like a good idea. (It took about 2000 balloons if I remember correctly.)

David Oppegaard said...

I wish I could have been that four year old girl...

Post a Comment