Blogagaard Not Feeling Very Thankful

Today I arrived at work to learn that my co-worker, Nate, who was about to go on a well-deserved vacation, found out last night that his 3 yr. old niece was just diagnosed with kidney cancer. She will most likely not live to see another Thanksgiving.

This is the sort of crap that always pisses me off. What did this 3 yr. old do? Nothing. Not a damn thing. Yet she is going to die soon and leave behind a stunned family. I cannot believe there is a divine plan this sort of thing fits into. God is not Gary Kasprov, playing chess with the Devil. God is an insane factory farmer, and we are the unblinking turkeys.

7 comments:

Something dirty said...

That's awful. Poor little thing.

Steph Wilbur Ash said...

God is a dickhead grandpa who, when you cry about your portion of mashed potatoes being too small, takes your whole dinner plate and throws it against the wall and says, "Now next time I give you mashed potatoes you'll signing my fucking praises."

Mrs. Ash does not handle it well when children are hurt.

David Oppegaard said...

yeah. Sorry guys, I wasn't trying to bring everyone down with this post. I am thankful for my good blogging peeps, and my own wellness and stuff, and I hope you have a happy holiday. I will be in Maple Grove, not discussing politics with my father and step-mother and step-brother. I garauntee you all I will be drunk and alone by tommorow night, probably watching "Lost In Translation".

David Oppegaard said...

And I will be happy. I should add that, too, so you don't think I was going for pity here.

Something dirty said...

drunk and happy. That sounds pretty good.

Clurg said...

I say gobble.

But I blink, too.

David Oppegaard said...

update 12/6/05

the kid had surgery, went well I guess. Will be in chemo 6 months now. We'll see.

Post a Comment