Blogagaard Imagines Horrific Alternate Universe Where Everything Is Like Final Muscial Number in Grease

I was watching the movie Grease sporadically tonight on Channel 45, and as I watched the extra-estatic final number when the entire cast dances and sings like a bunch of Super Spazes in the middle of a football field carnaval I wondered what if this was my life, not only for one ten minute period of bop-shoo-bop-a-bop-rang-a-lang-a-dang-shoo-bop-shoo-bop, but for all seventy to eighty years of it? What if I was always part of a musical cast featuring John Travolta and Olivia Newton John? What kind of life would that be?

Sure, it would probably happy at first, actually really fun as we sang and danced about how we'd ALWAYS BE TOGETHER and I'd get to wear a leather jacket and WE'D ALWAYS BE TOGETHER but evenutally I'd get tired of singing and dancing but WE'D ALWAYS BE TOGETHER and soon enough I'd realize Sarte was right, hell is other people, but WE'D ALWAYS BE TOGETHER and Twain was right, too, go up to your average person on the street and ask them to sing and they'd rather do anything but, yet somehow everyone imagines singing in a choir when they make it to Heaven. Sure, WE'D ALWAYS BE TOGETHER, but by the age of twelve or thirteen I'd either find a worm hole to jump into, like in Sliders, or I'd take a long walk off a short pier.

So ends this horrific vision of a world I can only hope does not exist.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, long jump off a short pier.

How cliche.

David Oppegaard said...

Mike, a blog critic is the lowest form of life on the planet. Go sit in the corner.

Voix said...

Oh my god, you just made me shiver with fear and guilt.

David Oppegaard said...

unless your name is Michele.

Something dirty said...

Now I'll have the song in my head for hours... the humanity!

David Oppegaard said...

Stormin' Norman, I was thinking exactly that thing last night. At least they both changed, although all Travolta did was put on a lame sweater vest.

Post a Comment