Awesome

I tried on the Tellon-early-phase alien/ puppet suit tonight. Even better than I could have hoped, perfect for our purposes in the filming of The Hardworking Man From Nebraska. This short film is going to rock your socks off. Because I wrote it, and because I will be playing the part of an alien. I have never felt more at home in such a role, I'll tell you that.

The first shoot day will be on Saturday, July 15th. It's at a church off of Lake and Cedar in Minneapolis. We need extras to sit in the congregation and dress in small town church garb and not look like you're in your mid-twenties/early thirties. E-mail me if you're interested (even if you've already said you are, I need official confirmation). No pay, four to five hours of sitting, but you get to see me suffer inside a furry alien costume for maybe one minute of usable film footage.

Love,

Co-producer Blogagaard

11 comments:

David Oppegaard said...

By the way everyone, you'll be happy to know Missy Elliott will in fact star in her own life story. Finally, the tale that needed to be told.

AP
LOS ANGELES - Missy Elliott will star in the big-screen version of her life story, Universal Pictures has announced. The untitled project is in the development phase, studio spokeswoman Jennifer Chamberlain said Wednesday.

The Elliott biopic will be produced by Robert De Niro and Jane Rosenthal through their company, Tribeca Films.

Elliott, 34, began her music career with the all-girl group, Sista. She has won four Grammys, including best rap solo performance for "Get Ur Freak On" in 2002.

David Oppegaard said...

By the way redux, I am loathe to use my blog for self-promotion, but the other day I was crunching the numbers and realized I make way less money per year than a social worker. Now I no longer feel so bad.

David Oppegaard said...

I wake up in the morning
And raise my weary head
Got an old coat for a pillow
And the earth was last night's bed.
Don't where I'm going
And only God knows where I've been....

-Bon Jovi, right before he totally, totally sucked. On the cusp of suckdom, if you will.

Becca said...

You're on my list of people who deserve a gift basket. What to include? A lint brush?

Two questions:
1) What color is the alien?

2) Did David Sedaris move out?

David Oppegaard said...

1) Purple, with assorted extra colors, like pink.

2) No. He's such a social butterfly, I just haven't seen him for awhile.

David Oppegaard said...

Also, I have a lint brush. it is one of those sticky flypaper roller things. it's disgusting, yet riveting.

Becca said...

Alcohol and candy? A book? Pizza coupons? Hmmmmm....

Is your alien really Barney?

David Oppegaard said...

yep. that's our big secret.

Becca said...

Where is your step-dad staying?

David Oppegaard said...

in the heart of all of us.

Becca said...

I bet that's sticky.

Post a Comment