Blogagaard Gives Best Speech Ever

Whoa. Where do I start? Well, last night was my Norman graduation party(attention: the normans are my step-dad's family, a raucous, good humored bunch if their ever was one known for being loud and getting kicked out of restaurants), which was actually co-hosted a high school and an undergrad Norman family member as well, and we all met up at Bucas. As soon as I show up at Bucas, with my cousin Steve as driver, all these envelopes full of cash are handed to me as well as a shot of Italian liquor which set me off like a firecracker. I'm serious, it was like something straight out of the Sopranos. People kept pouring me glasses full of wine and for some reason the waiter brought me TWO huge glasses full of beer, saying their had been "an accidental pour" or something. So, after I'm good and sauced, everything starts giving speeches about the graduates and then the graduates are supposed to stand up say something. My speech? Fantastic. Haven't you read the title of this post?

"I've been lucky to have been adopted twice in my life. Once, when I was an infant, and the second time was by the Normans. Thank you, guys!" and then everyone cheered. Mark Twain said about speech giving something to the effect of be brief and be seated. This is doubly true when everyone else has been drinking longer than you and just wants to drink more wine.

Now it is 4:28 Am and I have the earliest hangover in history. "My god, what have I done?"

13 comments:

Michelle said...

Huzzah, huzzah!

David Oppegaard said...

Hi Michelle! Man, my sleep pattern is going to be off this week.

David Oppegaard said...

I think Sedaris and I are going to start a toastmaster's society. Everyone just shows up, eats some good food, and then everyone toasts each other.

L said...

Bloggy, your life has become more Sopranos than you think. Anyone notice how Bloggy manages to always be chauffered places. He has a fleet of drivers.

Rand said...

Yup - Bloggy's a playa.

Don't cross him or you'll get whacked.

David Oppegaard said...

Rand, I am no playa. Just a man doing the best I can.

Brady, I just love riding shotgun. What can I say?

Michelle said...

Who needs sleep?

David Oppegaard said...

exactly.

Moncrief Speaks said...

Check the time stamp, bitches. You say it. I live it.

David Oppegaard said...

Oh yeah, where were you at 4:23 AM when the foundations of this post were laid?

Moncrief Speaks said...

You answered the question yourself with the last word in your comment.

Moncrief Speaks said...

Wait, 4:23 a.m.? Oh. Never mind. I was asleep.

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

Post a Comment