Ha ha...Where Am I?

What a fantastic weekend. Good times, good friends, and I feel like I survived a really fun whirlwind. I came in the door at 4:30 AM this morning, feeling like a vampire who needs to jump into his coffin before sunrise. Now I'm going to make cinnamon French toast and play guitar and video games and take a shower and maybe head over to the Hamline pool to swim un-aesthetically and the whole time I will reflect on how being single can be quite fun sometimes and how much I like my friends.

Ps. Sorry to the dog I chased with my remote controlled Corvette. Maybe we should go to therapy together, but not one of those cat therapists, they think they know everything.

10 comments:

Becca said...

Top 5 Joys of Being Single?

David Oppegaard said...

Sorry, dude. Too "Sex in the City" for me...

Becca said...

Mind out of the gutter, Dave. I was thinking more on the lines of "no one moves my stuff or eats my food."

David Oppegaard said...

well, now that's just boring!

(:

Becca said...

I figured your list wouldn't be boring. Hence, why I asked.

lp said...

Damn, Dave... how was that french toast? Sounds pretty tasty.

David Oppegaard said...

Okay, okay, you win, Becca. But I'm going to be honest instead of funny...

1. Often, I find it is more comfortable to sleep alone. I think it's about time people started admitting this.

2. I can watch TV while strumming my guitar.

3. No dish washing spats, ever. No soul sucking, boring & trite domestic spats at all, actually.

4. I answer to no one but myself. This includes staying out late, who I eat/drink with, how much and where I choose to work, how much I write, etc.

5. The only friends I have to interact with are my own, and of course I like all of my friends.

Ta da!

David Oppegaard said...

French toast = goodness, Shorty. Goodness in my belly.

Becca said...

See, that was insightful. Since I've lived with my family, dorm-mates, or alone my whole life, it's interesting to see what I should cherish while I have it. Dishes? Once a week, when I get fed up, or when Michelle and the boys are coming over. The bed is all mine. Nice. Nice.

I also enjoy being able to play my stereo loudly while getting ready for work.

Becca said...

P.S. Thanks for letting me win.

Post a Comment