Blogagaard Reflects on Six Months of Studio Living

Ah, has it been six months already? Six months of bumping into shit, of watching the living room TV while deeply reclined in bed? Six months of living beneath the Judy Garland Sound Machine? Remarkable. Truly remarkable. Sure, we've seen a lot of changes around here. Remember when I got that paper Ikea lamp back from my ex-girlfriend and put it near my sink? Remember when I got my landlord to fix the showerhead, releasing a new, refreshening torrent of hot water? And who can forget that time I lined up all my VHS & DVD recordings next to my VCR & DVD player? The aesthetic ramifications continue to echo throughout the earth's atmosphere to this very day.

For those who've been with me from the begining, way back when, you'll be interested to know the powerplant across the street from my apartment has had no discernable effect on my already electrifying personality. Indeed, I'm about as wired as usual, although I was recently at a party where I got so excited by the humorous cat society I'd imagined aloud that I had to go outside and breathe deeply of the chilling air.

So here's to you, basement studio apartment. May you be easy to defend in the event of a city-wide zombie attack, and may your rent always be dirt cheap.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know dude, zombies could probably smash in your windows. Although, you could hide in your bathroom.

David Oppegaard said...

no lock for my bathroom. Soon as I fell asleep, zombie bathtub soup.

David Oppegaard said...

I've actually thought this all through. I'd have to find some plywood somewhere, board up my windows, get a .12 gauge shotgun from somewhere, 1,000 cans of tuna and 10,000 gallons of bottled water, and then I'd move my lazy boy against my door. Scratch four times and yoodle if it's you, and not a zombie.

Michelle said...

Should we be on the lookout for zombie attacks? Or is that just a big city thing? Zane has been worried the neighborhood bear will learn to open the back door. Shall I distract him from that fear with this new, more horrifying possibility?

David Oppegaard said...

Michelle, I think you have a win-win situation here with your son. You can terrify Zane with the stark reality of gizzly bear burglars, or with the three days in the grave and rising again type, a la Jesus, the Head Zombie. Who says a parent can't win anymore?

David Oppegaard said...

Hi Alexa! Soon, we will rock soon. I'm finish my master's thesis in May, and then I will come up for air. And rocking. (I deleted your second comment to spare you from e-mail deviants and such, but I kept the e-mail address, so never you worry.)

Thanks for visiting my blog, you saucy minx! Have you checked out Noah's new blog?

lp said...

Meow.

David Oppegaard said...

Mow!

Michelle said...

Jesus, the Head Zombie. What Sunday School did you go to?

David Oppegaard said...

The Sunday School of Perpetual Zombies. Very fun!!! That's where I I really learned to shamble like a professional.

Kelly Coyle said...

We're gonna shamble like it's 1999.

Post a Comment