Friday the 13th

Nothing freaky ever happens to me on Friday the 13th's. Nothing that sticks out, anyways, nothing like a hatchet planted in the middle of my forehead, or some hockey masked silent type hunting me through a forest while it's raining and I'm wearing a tight, see-thru shirt.
Does anyone have any good Friday the 13th stories? The scariest thing that I foresee happening to me today is my meeting with my thesis advisor, or perhaps the bad singing I'll here in the Uptown VFW later in Murderapolis. By the way, if you ever want to read a good scary book try House of Leaves on for size. The Captain had to stop reading it because it gave him nightmares, but I read it cover to cover, fake footnotes and all. It is about many things, but centers on a house of infinite, and changing, dimensions.

10 comments:

Geoff Herbach said...

For weeks after getting into House of Leaves, I took a measuring tape and measured the inside of my bedroom and then measured the outside of my house and the house was always larger than the bedroom inside! I was terrified. It makes no sense! How can a house be bigger than the room it contains!? What exists in this excess space?? Then, on Friday the 13th, I realized my bedroom is not the only room in my house and I felt a lot better.

Amethyst Vineyard said...

Jay Anson's 'The Amityville Horror'; it's terrible, but it scares the crap out of me every time I read it. Shirley Jackson's 'The Haunting of Hill House' tops my list of scary-assed books, though. Friday the 13th has dawned dark and rainy and thundery here in Mobile, which is kind of scary. If you're a weenie and scared of thunder.

David Oppegaard said...

being fake scared is fun. Being scared in a war or a hospital is not so fun. It is fun to be fake scared with someone you love. I suggest giving a gag false positive pregnancy test to someone you love. They'll appreciate your sly attempt at good humor.

Anonymous said...

The only thing horrifying today is that I'm sitting at work.

David Oppegaard said...

so far. you don't know what darkness will bring. What will slither out from under you bed...

Anonymous said...

I love the blood red font. Very thematic. You don't miss a detail, do you, Blogagaard?

David Oppegaard said...

No, we don't We here at Blogagaard are hyper-efficient. We have a lot of free time.

Something dirty said...

ooh, I hope something freaky happens today. I realized I'm waiting for Something to Happen. hope it does soon. hope it's not evil

Jeff Smieding said...

I like scary suspense movies, like The Shining and The Birds and lots of Hitchcock, and even The Sixth Sense, but gory scary is not my style.

Thus, I shall not be seeing either of the two freaky movies out right now. Nope, neither Hostel or Tristan & Isolde.

David Oppegaard said...

Well, I guess nothing happened. Back to life as usual on the normally numbered days. Sigh.

Post a Comment